INDIVIDUAL SEEKING HELP
If you are feeling depressed, hopeless, or if you feel you are having trouble managing your emotions and feelings with daily tasks and even just in everyday life, you are not alone. There are millions of Americans who ignore their personal problems every year, which can compound the root of the problem.
Asking for help and recognizing it is time to ask for help is often the most difficult first step in getting better. Our trained professionals at Palms Behavioral Health are here to listen and help you decide the best course of action.
To schedule a free confidential assessment, please call us at 956-365-2600.
FAMILIES OR FRIENDS OF SOMEONE SEEKING HELP
If you are a family member or friend of someone who may need help, know that you are the most important person to provide support and assist them in getting the help that they need.
At Palms Behavioral Health, we understand asking for help can be difficult and we make sure both the patient and those around them are comfortable throughout the consultation and assessment. We provide many types of programs to help or patients get better and we will work together to determine the best program for your friend or loved one.
If you are unsure about how to approach your friend or loved one, simply call us at 956-365-2600. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer all your questions.
Here are a few tips you may want to consider:
- Explain to the person your reason for concern in a caring manner while staying calm.
- Offer options. If the person does not want help today, ask if they would like to go next week or next month.
- Be available to help support them. Offer to take them for their free and confidential assessment or ask if they would like you to be present during the assessment.
- Offer alternatives to our services. If the person is not interested in our services, maybe there is another environment where they would feel more comfortable initially.
- If none of the above is an option at this time, consider joining a support group locally in Harlingen, TX or the surrounding region, of family members who work to support the loved ones in their lives struggling with mental health challenges.
At Palms, we strive to provide an open, friendly and helpful atmosphere for our patients located throughout Texas and the surrounding regions. Our goal is to treat each patient according to their specific needs, and tailor a plan to help them achieve success for their mental or behavioral health challenges. We strongly believe that success is always possible with Palms Behavioral Health.