Palms Behavioral Health’s inpatient program is designed to effectively treat adolescents, adults and seniors suffering from acute behavioral and mental health problems. These often times can include a crisis situation requiring short-term inpatient hospitalization in a structured program, in order to facilitate maximum impact. We provide assessment, diagnosis and rapid stabilization of acute psychiatric issues with referrals to less intensive levels of follow-up care and support. Our goal is to help our clients improve their clinical status, regain their quality of life and return to daily activities in their homes, workplaces and in their community.
Inpatient Service Highlights:
- Structured, therapeutic environment
- Intensive physician involvement and oversight
- Physician-led, multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Individualized treatment planning
- Therapeutic groups and educational classes addressing psychiatric disorders
- Intensive inpatient treatment not available on an outpatient basis
- Coordination and discharge planning with outpatient services, community providers, outside agencies, family members
For Males & Females
Our Acute Psychiatric Inpatient Program is a short-term program that provides specific treatment for adolescents (12+), adults, and geriatric patients who are suffering from psychiatric issues and cannot function safely enough in their immediate communities, either at school, home or another location.
This program is designed for individuals who are exhibiting one or more of the following:
- Significant risk of suicide or self-harm
- Assaultive behavior toward family or others
- Extreme depression or anxiety
- Psychotic or extreme behaviors
- Extreme anger and explosiveness
- Serious impairment in their ability to tend to daily activities.
At Palms Behavioral Health, our certified mental health professionals provide a warm and comfortable environment for everyone. This program provides a safe, nurturing setting where our patients’ immediate mental health needs can be addressed so they can regain stability and effective functioning in order to return to their homes and communities. Family involvement is a large part of the recovery process, and we do everything possible to help facilitate this.
- Medical and psychological evaluation
- Family, group, & individual therapy
- Medication management
- Coordination of treatment and aftercare plans with community providers
- Recreational therapy
- Schooling on site (when applicable)